Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Krafft Mountain Peak - 3/20/12
1) Climb into then immediately out of the crevice on steep walls because there is no option to climb down inside the crevice here.
2) Immediately slide back down into the crevice, find the next place you dare to get down to and repeat, repeat, repeat.
3) Crawl through a rabbit hole.
4) Learn how to rappel or sleep there for the next few days.
5) Somehow figure out how to come down 2 huge almost vertical boulders against a wall then take a leap of faith at the bottom.
After a few minutes of sliding down between a rock and a hard place, then swinging through a tree, we were all there safely on the floor of the canyon. After a brief rest, we began climbing up the colorful wash. A couple of us had not hiked the canyon in this direction and this part also had a feeling of newness.